Friday, April 18, 2008

Social Networking Sites - They're Taking Over!!


You'd think the internet would soon have enough social networking sites to cater to every possible genre, culture and subculture there is by now, yet new such sites continue to emerge every year.

I own a MySpace, and a Facebook, used to have a B4UParty account (well...at least I think that's what it was called) and my German friends keep urging me to join some German social networking site of which I have forgotten the name. Then of course is there the blogger account, the YouTube account (although I haven't uploaded anything yet, I'm too lazy...), contributions to forums, AllWomenTalk, MSN, and three email addresses. At least I hope that's it...

Now, you've probably read through that and gone *Whaatt??* The thing is, you're probably the same, if not worse. I have all these applications, luckily I am not unfortunate enough to be addicted to any of them. I use them for information,study, just for some fun if I'm bored, or mainly to stay in contact with friends. Since the advent of new media technologies such as the internet, social networking sites have popped up everywhere!! Note the picture above, depicting only a small fraction of all the sites that are out there. There is a site for everything you could possibly imagine and more.

Where will it end?

No comments: